RSS
My opinion on the Best Picture winners from the Academy Awards. My credentials: I watch a lot of movies. Please enjoy, comment, and share!

CURRENT COUNT: 84 out of 84

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)




Okay, first of all it is heartless of the Academy to award any film that is THIRD in a trilogy the coveted award because it means the viewer needs to sit through the first two to understand the winning picture.

I am not a fan of science fiction or fantasy. I draw the line somewhere after Harry Potter. A coworker was nice enough to lend me her copies of the Lord of the Rings films. There is only one thing that got me through all three films without wanting to harm myself...Viggo Mortensen.

The storyline of Liv Tyler and Viggo (yes, I consider myself to be on a first name basis with him) was enjoyable. Also appearing in the films were Orlando Bloom as an albino, Elijah Wood as a little person, a very plump Rudy, and one of the crawlers from The Descent.

I just watched these films less than a year ago and they have made such a little impression on me that I have already forgotten what the purpose was. There was an evil ring, a tower with a creepy looking eye at the top that I swore was going to shine the Bat Signal at any moment, and a bunch of battles in something called Middle Earth. I think they may have misread the script and it should have been the Middle East. I also seem to recall several little people riding trees that were mobile. Maybe I should have taken a dose of an hallucinogen to help the experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Blogging Oscar. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy