RSS
My opinion on the Best Picture winners from the Academy Awards. My credentials: I watch a lot of movies. Please enjoy, comment, and share!

CURRENT COUNT: 84 out of 84

Unforgiven (1992)



Last night I watched my fifty-fourth Best Picture. I really do not care for westerns so I generally do not watch them. Unforgiven was alright. I feel sure I will never watch it again but it was an okay film that I do not feel I wasted my time watching.

(Spoiler Alert) The story begins in the late 19th century in a small town in Wyoming. A cowboy maims a local prostitute and the lawman in charge feels if the cowboy and his friend, who was innocent, pay the "pimp" with horses, it will make up for the violent act. So the other women working in the brothel feel unavenged. Between them, they come up with some money and offer $1,000 to anyone that kills both men involved. When the cowboys bring in the horses as payment, the innocent cowboy offers a better horse to the woman who was attacked because he felt she deserved something. Unfortunately, the "good" cowboy is the first killed by the men willing to take on the job. I will watch any movie that deals with someone taking revenge on people who have done them wrong. I especially like movies that show women taking revenge on evil men.

Gene Hackman plays the lawman and received his second Academy Award for the role. Clint Eastwood is also credited with two Oscars for the film, Best Director and Best Picture. Eastwood was nominated for Best Actor but lost out to Tom Hanks for his role in Philadelphia. This is only the third Eastwood film I have seen and the only western featuring him. Every time I hear his name, I think of Back to the Future Part III. As one of my followers has yet to see the Back to the Future series, I will leave it at that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Blogging Oscar. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy