RSS
My opinion on the Best Picture winners from the Academy Awards. My credentials: I watch a lot of movies. Please enjoy, comment, and share!

CURRENT COUNT: 84 out of 84

Around the World in 80 Days (1956)



I am completely jealous of Phileas Fogg. Why do I not have the means to drop everything else in my life and go for a jaunt around the world? My dreams are far bigger than my wallet.

Around the World in 80 Days is a cute movie but I would have thought it was more of a children's movie than an adult's type of film. Perhaps I am associating it with the fact that Disney remade this movie recently. My dislike of Disney could be tainting it somehow as well.

I am not exactly sure why but Frank Sinatra made a cameo in this movie as a piano player in a bar in San Francisco. He did not eve have any lines. He just turned around and was there for a few, fleeting seconds. Shirley MacLaine played the Indian princess in this film. I had no idea it was her until I read a post online about her being there. Sure enough, I took a closer look and there she was in the earlier phase of her current life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Blogging Oscar. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy