RSS
My opinion on the Best Picture winners from the Academy Awards. My credentials: I watch a lot of movies. Please enjoy, comment, and share!

CURRENT COUNT: 84 out of 84

Lawrence of Arabia (1962)


After viewing Lawrence of Arabia, I have now seen 60 Best Picture winners. Again, this is a film that is considered a treasure. Why must all these epic films take hours to tell a story? Is it really necessary?

The film follows the story of a real British soldier during World War I. For hours we watch him ride around the desert in Arabia with Anthony Quinn and Omar Sharif. They also blow up some train tracks and after Lawrence is tortured, he snaps ever so slightly.

This movie feels like it is one that would be loved by men. I do not mean that as disrespectful to the film but it's military, it's long, and rather dry (much like the desert). If they would cut the time riding through the desert in half, the movie would have been 45 minutes long.

In all fairness, the movie had a lovely score. It was my favorite part of the entire experience. That and watching the camels run around. Seeing thousands of camels running at the same time is not something a person sees that often, not even in film.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Blogging Oscar. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy