RSS
My opinion on the Best Picture winners from the Academy Awards. My credentials: I watch a lot of movies. Please enjoy, comment, and share!

CURRENT COUNT: 84 out of 84

Mrs. Miniver (1942)


I really enjoy movies that are set during a war but show what life at home was like for those not fighting the battles. Mrs. Miniver follows a middle class British family through the early months of World War II. It is also interesting to see what life was like in the 1940s because it gives me a better understanding of what my grandparents may have experienced. Or at the very least, I can watch movies they may have watched when they were my age.

I preferred The Best Years of Our Lives but I really liked this movie as well. Greer Garson is just gorgeous! She resembles Maureen O'Hara so much that I was convinced for years it was her in this movie.

The two main actresses won Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress Oscars for their work in this film. There is interesting trivia to tack on with this film: Ms. Garson's Oscar was destroyed in a house fire and the Academy sent her a replacement. She also holds the record for the longest acceptance speech in Oscar history at 5 1/2 minutes. Garson also married her co-star, Richard Ney, who played her son in the film.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Blogging Oscar. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy