RSS
My opinion on the Best Picture winners from the Academy Awards. My credentials: I watch a lot of movies. Please enjoy, comment, and share!

CURRENT COUNT: 84 out of 84

Dances with Wolves (1990)


I am going to come out and just admit it; I cannot stand Kevin Costner. Mainly because he is an actor that cannot act. When he tries to do an accent, he fails miserably. Yet, he makes more money than anybody who actually does their job and does it well. That being said, he should stick to his baseball movies because he plays an arrogant son-of-bitch better than most because I maintain he is one.

I began watching Dances with Wolves secretly hoping I would not like it so I could go on about how awful it was and how terrible he is. Much to my displeasure, I loved the movie and Mr. Costner did not get under my skin like he usually does.

What really pisses me off about this movie is the killing of the animals. First the horse then the wolf. There is a short list of things that are going to really upset me when I watch a film and killing animals (although I know it is fake) is right at the top. I think it should be listed somewhere on the box of a film, "Animal Death Included" so I know to pass by it and go for another title.

It also really bothers me how those of European descent felt entitled to drive the Natives off of the lands they inhabited for thousands of years prior and think it was acceptable. This would include my own ancestors, at least on my father's side.

Even though I hate to admit it, Kevin Costner is credited with 2 Oscars assocaited with this film. He won for Best Director and Best Film. Although, I am just saying, neither award was for his acting. He has won a few Razzies for his acting though. Apparently, I am not alone in my thinking. You stick to those sports movies, Kevin and leave the real work to those who know how.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Blogging Oscar. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy