RSS
My opinion on the Best Picture winners from the Academy Awards. My credentials: I watch a lot of movies. Please enjoy, comment, and share!

CURRENT COUNT: 84 out of 84

Hurt Locker (2009)


The Hurt Locker  is quite possibly the most nerve-wracking Best Picture winner. The entire film centers around an Iraq-based bomb defusing unit of the US military. Perhaps it is also added stress to know that this was/is a war that I am old enough to remember when it began. I also have friends who served in Iraq.

The lead character is clearly addicted to war and is slightly unstable. I imagine to spend your work hours defusing road side bombs in a hostile area would not make a person very zen-like.

Clocking in at just around 2 hours, this is a relatively short Best Picture winner. It also is not really like any other war films that won the coveted prize. One could not say this was a dull movie. It was extremely suspenseful yet very entertaining.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Blogging Oscar. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy