RSS
My opinion on the Best Picture winners from the Academy Awards. My credentials: I watch a lot of movies. Please enjoy, comment, and share!

CURRENT COUNT: 84 out of 84

Going My Way (1944)


Going My Way focuses on a Catholic Church in NYC in the 1940s. Bing Crosby plays the young priest that has been sent to the failing parish to replace the older priest. Crosby is a songwriter with friends in the music business. His hope is to sell his song "Going My Way" to be able to pay off the mortgage so the church is not lost to the bank. Add a few street hoods turned boys' choir, Fred Mertz from I Love Lucy, and an Irish Lullaby.

I really did not like the way the movie decided to portray the lone Atheist in the film. I know a lot of them and they are the least likely to be intentionally rude. And to be honest, the only song I liked in the movie, other than the Irish Lullaby music box, was the song from Carmen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Blogging Oscar. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy