RSS
My opinion on the Best Picture winners from the Academy Awards. My credentials: I watch a lot of movies. Please enjoy, comment, and share!

CURRENT COUNT: 84 out of 84

Marty (1955)


A simple, enjoyable, 90-minute film that won Best Picture - that is the best way to describe Marty. In an hour and a half, I managed to really like the characters. That is not something I can say for some 3+ hour films.

The title character comes from an Italian-American family. His Italian mother wants nothing more than for her last unmarried child to get married. That is until her sister warns her that if her remaining single child marries, she will have no one to obsess over anymore. It really reminded me of my Italian-American mother. No offense, mom.

I also noticed that this film won Best Picture in 1955. That is the same year Marty McFly went Back to the Future. I would like to think that is part of the reason his parents named him Marty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Blogging Oscar. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy