RSS
My opinion on the Best Picture winners from the Academy Awards. My credentials: I watch a lot of movies. Please enjoy, comment, and share!

CURRENT COUNT: 84 out of 84

On the Waterfront (1954)


I am curious as to how many Best Picture winners feature dealings with organized crime. How many of those films feature Marlon Brando? Okay, I can only think of two off the top of my head. At least in On the Waterfront , Brando is attempting to be on the good side of things.

Karl Malden is an actor I have liked in everything I have seen him appear. Eva Marie Saint was also very non-1950s actress but I mean that as a compliment. She was acting and not being some drama queen diva.

Brando and Saint won Oscars for their work in this film. While accepting her award, Saint was very far along in her pregnancy. She actually gave birth to her son 2 days after receiving her award.

I liked the movie but I would not say it was one of the best films I have seen. It has received high ratings and is ranked high on IMDb.com as one of the Top 250 movies, as voted by viewers. Brando also delivers a very popular line in the film. Mr. Brando, I would venture to say that in the world of movies, you were most definitely a contender.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Blogging Oscar. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy