RSS
My opinion on the Best Picture winners from the Academy Awards. My credentials: I watch a lot of movies. Please enjoy, comment, and share!

CURRENT COUNT: 84 out of 84

Cimarron (1930/1931)



Cimarron  was the first western to win the Best Picture Award back at the awards for the films from 1930/1931.

I am not a fan of westerns and unfortunately, this movie is no exception for me. Even though I love American history, I have never been excited by the western expansion. The pioneer women were tough because they had to be. The Native Americans were horribly mistreated. My love of American history is in the eastern states, mainly those along the Atlantic coast or very near there.

I preferred the movie when it showed the last part and the city had become a thriving area. The husband was annoying and unreliable. Men like this find their wives divorcing them now. Thankfully, I have crossed this movie off or the list "to see" and will never watch it again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Blogging Oscar. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy