RSS
My opinion on the Best Picture winners from the Academy Awards. My credentials: I watch a lot of movies. Please enjoy, comment, and share!

CURRENT COUNT: 84 out of 84

The Grand Hotel (1931/1932)



It is amazing the difference between the 1929 Best Picture winner and the jump in quality for the 1932 Best Picture winner. The Grand Hotel was really quite enjoyable. The transitions between scenes were much better than the film that won just 3 years before.

My favorite part of the entire film was the Baron's dog. My dog is part dachshund and I have an affinity for the breed. At the end, when they basically shove the dog out the door, I was so upset. Mistreating a German dog in the 1930s was not a smart move.

I was confused that Joan Crawford was in this movie and she was not Faye Dunaway. It would have been great if she started beating that pervert for whom she was working with a wire hanger. And the movie has two Barrymores!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Blogging Oscar. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy