RSS
My opinion on the Best Picture winners from the Academy Awards. My credentials: I watch a lot of movies. Please enjoy, comment, and share!

CURRENT COUNT: 84 out of 84

Mutiny on the Bounty (1935)


This Best Picture winner is based on a true story. I recently watched a newer version of the same story and have to admit that the 1935 version is extremely different.

Clark Gable was clearly made out to be a hero against a harsh Captain Bligh. I have never been in the military but I have always expected that the person is charge, is the person in charge. They have to be harsh and set strict rules. That is the only way you are going to maintain order and what is best for everyone.

The women of Tahiti in this version are all very light-skinned. I can only assume this was because 1935 audiences would not want to see people with different colored skin in romantic situations together.

The story took place during one of my favorite periods in history. It is also a very fascinating true story. While I liked this movie in comparison to some Best Picture winners, I prefer the 1984 version with Anthony Hopkins and Mel Gibson. It seemed more balanced and realistic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Blogging Oscar. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy