RSS
My opinion on the Best Picture winners from the Academy Awards. My credentials: I watch a lot of movies. Please enjoy, comment, and share!

CURRENT COUNT: 84 out of 84

The Departed (2006)


Now to represent for the evil Irish side of the family. Can someone in the US please make a movie about good things Italian and Irish? Why must we always go for organized crime?

The cops have a mole in Jack Nicholson's gang of thugs. Jack Nicholson has a mole within the cops. It is extremely nerve-wracking not knowing if they will find each other out.

The Departed is the only time I have found Leonardo DiCaprio attractive. I honestly had a hard time telling him and Matt Damon apart. Maybe this was done deliberately to confuse everybody watching. If so, it worked for me.

That being said, I have to admit that this is one of my favorite Best Picture winners. *SPOILER* I think it is my unrealistic need for justice in the world. Everybody dies! Not only the "good" guys but the evil bastards that actually deserve to die, get killed. Matt Damon kills Jack Nicholson, who was actually turning evidence over to the FBI. When Martin Sheen was killed, it was so upsetting. His son (I will assume NOT Charlie) was at Notre Dame and he would never see him graduate. Just awful. And just when Matt Damon is begging Leo to kill him, the elevator door opens and Leo gets shot in the head! I never saw it coming. Matt Damon then kills the guy that saved him. But Mark Wahlberg saves the day. After Matt Damon loses the girl, he comes home to his empty apartment with a view and gets shot. It is poetic justice. There were so many twists at the end of this film.

I suppose I should rely highly on my English and German heritage because as the last three posts have shown us, my Italian and Irish roots can be sinister.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Blogging Oscar. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy