RSS
My opinion on the Best Picture winners from the Academy Awards. My credentials: I watch a lot of movies. Please enjoy, comment, and share!

CURRENT COUNT: 84 out of 84

The Godfather (1972)


My mother's side of the family is Italian-American. For years I have heard stories about when the first generation came to the US. The stories are not all pretty or "legal." My maternal grandmother was part Sicilian and I suspect past generations of that side of the family dealt with some shady people. I have never particularly cared for mob movies just because I would rather not know what some of my ancestors may have been capable of doing.

There are 2 rules I like to live by concerning Italian-Americans: 1) Never piss off an Italian-American and 2) Ignore the morons from the Jersey Shore. They are easily confused and give those of us with our lives together a bad reputation. I personally would like to see Marlon Brandon make The Situation an offer he couldn't refuse. Someone would have to interpret for him using monosyllabic words but it would entertain me for years to come.

While I liked The Godfather, it is not one of my favorite Best Picture winners. I do not care for the message that is sent; that the only way to get ahead is to do illegal things. It is probably true but there are a lot of people in this world that do what is right and fair. Unfortunately, great movies are rarely made about them.

The absolute most disturbing scene in any film is from this movie. I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. I am talking about the horse head. That is just beyond evil. It takes a big person to kill a defenseless animal. I imagine this is the type of scene that lead Glenn Close to boil a child's rabbit a decade and a half later. What in the hell is wrong with people?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Blogging Oscar. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy