RSS
My opinion on the Best Picture winners from the Academy Awards. My credentials: I watch a lot of movies. Please enjoy, comment, and share!

CURRENT COUNT: 84 out of 84

The Godfather Part II (1974)


The thing that I love most about The Godfather Part II winning Best Picture is all the trivia associated with it. Currently it is the only sequel with the former film winning the award as well. The two pictures also feature the only time two actors have won acting awards for playing the same character (Marlon Brando and Robert De Niro).

What I liked about the second part was we got the back story of this family. We learned what it was like when they first arrived in the states. It also gave us a chance to see a young De Niro. That is never a bad thing.

We also learn that if you cross an Italian-American, you will pay for it with your life. It doesn't matter if you are brothers. You will get shot in the back of the head while fishing. There are also dealings with Cuba and a flashback scene so James Caan could make an appearance. Still not one of my favorite films but enjoyable to watch the one time I did.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Blogging Oscar. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy