RSS
My opinion on the Best Picture winners from the Academy Awards. My credentials: I watch a lot of movies. Please enjoy, comment, and share!

CURRENT COUNT: 84 out of 84

Gigi (1958)


Gigi managed to have the record for the most Oscars for an entire year. The film won 9 awards including Best Picture.

The most memorable song from the movie is "Thank Heaven for Little Girls."

Maybe this is my modern-day view on the whole situation but I do not care for the idea of grooming a young girl to impress men. The lead man goes from being a confirmed bachelor to realizing this little girl, who isn't a "little girl" anymore, is the woman that will make him change his ways and settle into marriage. *Rolling eyes* Please. This is exactly why women are sorely disappointed when men don't want to marry them.

It starts off that this man and the girl's grandmother want Gigi to be his mistress. Maybe my grandmothers are/were older-fashioned than this woman. I cannot imagine either of my grandmothers suggesting I become a kept woman. Then again, they are doubtfully going to make a movie about my life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Blogging Oscar. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy